What causes lethargy?

May 2014

I've been taking a multivitamin for a few days now and I feel incredibly lethargic. I thought vitamins were supposed to be helping with my energy?I forgot to mention that it is a new multi specifically for women by the company Soloray. It has a lot more b vitamins and other ones too that i don't usually take
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: HiXXXX Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. Multivitamins are an essential part of your daily nutrition requirements. Along with multivitamins you also need to take adequate amounts of carbohydrates, proteins and fats and minerals like calcium and iron which are found in most foods including fruits, vegetables and meat. As u have mentioned acid reflux, you must take small meals regularly and avoid prolonged fasting for more than 6 hours in the day. It will be nice if you can get yourself clinically examined should there be any medical reason for your tiredness and lethargy like anemia or thyroid problems. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek