What causes irregualr periods with spotting and abdominal pain?

hello sir, i have 4 months old baby, i got periods in november. bt nt got in december, i hav taken two urine test bt that was negative. i hav consulted to doctor. she has given me orgamed medicine, i m seeing only some red spots and also pain in my lower abdomen, am i pregnant???
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please clarify with a blood test. Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. You may notice some irregularity in your cycles after delivery, especially, if you are lactating. If you are not on any contraception and sexually active, you should definitely suspect pregnancy. Progesterone can induce withdrawal bleeding in the absence of pregnancy, 3-7 days after completion of treatment. In the current scenario, you should get a trans-vaginal sonogram along with a serum beta-hCG titre assay to confirm/exclude pregnancy. Pain could be due to an impending period if pregnancy is excluded. You should wait for a couple of days if you have just completed treatment to see if you get a period. Please follow up with your consultant. Hope your query has been clarified. Please contact for further information. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.