What causes internal rectum pressure and burning?

Hello, I had a small external hemorrhoid last month that I took Preparation H and it took care of it. Due to iron supplement and long hours of sitting (job related) and not enough water intake. Now, for the last 2 weeks I have been having internal rectum pressure and burning that is causing discomfort. I am trying to increase fiber (causing bloating at times). skipping 2 days of iron. Ferritin is 13. Having lower back pain at the moment also. Stool is dark on days I take iron, otherwise normal. a spec of blood on toilet paper last week. None this week though. Please Advise. Thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Due to hemorrhoids. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The internal rectum pressure and burning that you have with a spec of blood occasionally is due to hemorrhoids. The swollen tissue can be inside your rectum also. The back pain can also be be related to this. Let me give you a few suggestions as far as what to do now. First, twice daily I'l like you to sit in a warm batch in the bathtub for 20 minutes. The warm water will sooth the area and help shrink the swollen tissue. You need to continue using Preparation H as it will help in shrinkage of the swollen tissue. Normal American diet lacks right amount of fibre. You should increase the fiber in your diet by eating fruits and vegetables. Be a smart grocer, choose foods which have fibre more than 25gm in the nutrition information label. Drink lots of water throughout the day. Go for a brisk walk or jogging daily for half an hour. Take Bioflavinoids in supplement form.It is also found in citrus fruits. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: What causes internal rectum pressure and burning? 52 minutes later
Thank you. I will follow up.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you. I am glad I could help. Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful. I wish you the very best in whatever you do. Warm regards