What causes headache,dizziness,palpitaions and cold sweat after running?

May 2014

sorry I meant to say I was high on stims and over working myself, I do not do any drugs and my ekg came out good
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Further information requested Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in. I have read through your query in detail and would be glad to help you out. You have written that you were high on stims and were over working yourself. Also mentioned is that your EKG is good and that you do not do any drugs. Stims is an unusual self stimulation behavior which is difficult to quit. Please do ley me know what answers you are exactly looking out for. Regards, Dr.Vivek
Follow-up: What causes headache,dizziness,palpitaions and cold sweat after running? 7 hours later
Sorry i didnt tell you everythimg, earlier on this year i was taking a thermogenic and green tea with caffeine. While i was running i had a palpatation with cold swewt and went to the er. They performed a ekg on me and everything came out fine. Yesterday at 7:30 pm i ran 3 miles at decent pace, i ran them in 21 minutes. Around 9 pm i was laying on the couch when out of no where i got really cold i had a headache dizziness and lightheaded. I jumped into the shower and put a blanket on me. My bp was 140/95 with a pulse of 130, and i just didnt feel well. I did not have shortness of breath, and it took 3 hours for ny pulse to drop below 100.
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in with an update. If a complete clinical assessment by the doctors in er has been done and your EKG found to be normal, then most likely you were normal at that time. Concerning your 3 miles in 21 minutes run, any individual may come under physical stress if not accustomed to such running. You might have got dehydrated and or hypoglycemic. Your sudden rise in BP was a result of activation of autonomic nervous system. I suggest a proper recording of your pulse and BP for three consecutive days at the same time and using the same machine. Please note that you should have been resting for 30 minutes before taking your BP and pulse. If the values are persistently high on all days then you may consult a cardiologist. The headache and dizziness if occurring more frequently, might need Doppler evaluation of your carotid and vertebral arteries. Symptoms experienced by you may occur in normal people who are unaccustomed to do intense physical activity or who do not do warm up exercises before running. If palpitations occur regularly then you may also have to get your thyroid function tests done. Hope your queries are answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek