What causes hair loss, anxiety, fatigue, irregular periods and tingling in my arms inspite of using natural progesterone cream?

Excellent

Infertility Specialist
Question
I had a question regarding peri menopause and the use of natural progesterone cream. I'm 43 years old and have a three year old but last year I started noticing more hair loss, anxiety, fatigue, period irregularity as well as tingling in my arms from time to time. I'm wondering what your take on this is from a doctor's perspective. I've read mixed reviews on the cream and quite frankly, I'm a little nervous to try it.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer: start Detailed Answer: Hi These symptoms are common during perimenopausal period. You please try the cream. Along with progesterone cream you can try estradiol cream. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: What causes hair loss, anxiety, fatigue, irregular periods and tingling in my arms inspite of using natural progesterone cream? 0 minute later
Thanks for your response. What is estridiol cream? Are there any side effects from either of these products? Thank you, XXXX

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: HRT Detailed Answer: Hi It is a part of hormone replacement therapy . Estradiol is available as tablet which will be easier to take. It does not have major side effects. Regards

Follow-up: What causes hair loss, anxiety, fatigue, irregular periods and tingling in my arms inspite of using natural progesterone cream? 10 minutes later
Thank you. One more question. If I were to go to my doctor, what tests could I get to see how high/low my estrogen levels are?

Brief Answer: E2 Detailed Answer: Hi You can get serum estradiol E2 test done. Regards