What causes fuller breast and sensitive nipples post menopause with history of breast cancer?

I am postmenopaus. Lately my breasts seem to becoming fuller and nipples seem sensitive. This has been going on for about 3 weeks now. I had breast cancer on my left breast 15 years ago. I have been fine since. Curious as to what is going on now.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Clinical review mandatory Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I do understand this should be a call for concern. In my opinion, I think you would deserve a complete clinical review. With a past history of breast cancer, this alone compels one to be more watchful. Fullness and sensitivity of breast are generally under hormonal control. Since you are experiencing these, it is compelling to get a clear evaluation to know the exact metabolic disorder that could be at the origin of this imbalance. A complete clinical review, breast examination, mammography and an ultrasound are key and essential activities, that , in my opinion should be done. It might be necessary to note if you experience any bone pain, any chest pain or fullness or any enlarged lymph nodes elsewhere. In case these are absent, there is a lesser probability that it should be a breast cancer in a spreading stage already. For now , no worries, but you should book an appointment with a gynecologic oncologist, for a complete clinical review. Please, feel free asking any specific questions in case of need. I ma predisposed in making my humble contributions. thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. DR Bain
Follow-up: What causes fuller breast and sensitive nipples post menopause with history of breast cancer? 19 hours later
Thank you for the great info. I will be doing just that.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Thanks too and kind regards Detailed Answer: Kind regards too and the best of health. Dr Bain