What causes foul smell during urination?
User rating for this question
I am 75 years old and when I go to the bathroom I have a very strong smell. Some discharge and does have some color. My GYN has prescribed antibiotics and it clears up, but returns within a few days. Very disturbing. I do know that I have bad bacteria within the stomach area. I take Probiotics, but still continue to have this very strong smell. I do not have an UTI.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need urine examination and also scan Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX You need clinical examination of your vulval area, mainly to look for any urethral problems. Your symptoms are not normal. You also need a urine routine , microscopy examination and also culture sensitivity to rule out any urethral or bladder infection. I also suggest you a scan abdomen and pelvis to rule out any other pathology. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
People also viewed
- Can fibromyalgia cause heartburn
- What causes foul smell during urination
- What causes sarcoidosis flare ups
- What is the cause of foul smelling urine
- Pink watery blood
- My pee smells bad when i hold it in
- Post coital bleeding and birth control
- What causes cloudy and foul smelling urine
- Ovarian cysts in 19 yr old
- What causes a fixed sigmoid
- Foul smelling urine causes
- Normal tubectomy operation
- Causes left iliac fossa pain
- What causes frequent urination and foul smell in urine
- Swollen finger joints causes