What causes foul smell during urination?
User rating for this question
I am 75 years old and when I go to the bathroom I have a very strong smell. Some discharge and does have some color. My GYN has prescribed antibiotics and it clears up, but returns within a few days. Very disturbing. I do know that I have bad bacteria within the stomach area. I take Probiotics, but still continue to have this very strong smell. I do not have an UTI.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need urine examination and also scan Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX You need clinical examination of your vulval area, mainly to look for any urethral problems. Your symptoms are not normal. You also need a urine routine , microscopy examination and also culture sensitivity to rule out any urethral or bladder infection. I also suggest you a scan abdomen and pelvis to rule out any other pathology. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
People also viewed
- What causes foul smell during urination
- What is the cause of foul smelling urine
- Having symptoms of pregnancy pregnancy test negative pregnancy chances
- Crusty around the nipple
- Crusty skin on nipple
- What causes cloudy and foul smelling urine
- Foul smelling urine causes
- Lump on chest pus discharge on squeezing bleeding treatment options
- What causes frequent urination and foul smell in urine
- Crusty nipples not pregnant
- Pain and pressure in the thigh what is it
- Which specialist should i consult for depression
- Woke with crusty nipple
- Suffering from gastritis taking medicine not cured proper diagnosis
- Spot on nipple and crusty