What causes fever,rash,body pain and enlarged nodes with decreased platelet counts?

102 degree fever alongwith body pain followed by rashes all over the body the next day and then swollen lymph on 03 locations in the neck region
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like infective etiology. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. In view of your symptoms and geographical location , possibility of dengue fever seems very likely in your case. Fever, rash, body pain and enlarged nodes with decreased platelet counts is indicative of dengue. If enlarged nodes is your concern then let me explain that such nodes are common with infections and resolve once infection is cleared. I think you should get specific antibody test to confirm the diagnosis so that treatment can be planned accordingly. Watch has to kept on platelet counts as there can be complications if platelets drop to critical level. I would suggest you to get under care of physician sooner. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.