What causes extreme dryness of skin and brittleness of nails?

Dermatologist
Question
What would be the cause of excessive dry skin all over my body, finger nails that begin to turn into distorted shapes after getting to a certain length, extreme hair loss in head for over six months, chronic fatigue?
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hypothyroidism Detailed Answer: Hello Your symptoms are suggesting of hypothyroidsm. It manifest with dryness of skin and brittleness of nails. Have you got thyroid tests done. If not please get TSH, T3 AND T 4 tests done and let me know the result. Waiting for your response. Thank you