What causes early periods?

Excellent
Question
my period came on three days to early then it only stayed on for four days then it went off but since I have been getting my period at the age of seventeen its always have been the same normal flow stay for seven days it come on every twenty-eight days but this month it came on three days to soon then went off three days to early im not sure but im trying to see if the same thing is happening to me againg cause when I was pregnant with my daughter I went to the doctor to do a pregnancy test it came back neg then two weeks later it came back pos but I know back then I got my period on May 15 2011 then found out I was six week pregnant when I went back to weeks later help please
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly reply few questions. Detailed Answer: Hi, As your question is not clear, kindly answer few questions so that I can guide you further: When was your last menstrual period? Are you using any contraception? When was your last child birth? Are your periods regular i.e bleeding every month? Do you have any associated abnormal vaginal discharge? Have you undergone any scan previously? Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif

Follow-up: What causes early periods? 20 hours later
my last normal menstrual period was December 24 2013. no I am not using any contraception. my last daughter was born on February 08 2012 yes my periods are regular like clock work. yes like it was very light brown. no. now see I am puzzled because this happen to me once before then when I told the doctor about this with my last baby they kept saying that I wasn't pregnant then came XXXXXXX 12 2011 I missed my period altogether but the was saying that I was only like four weeks but when I did and ultrasound it came back that I was more weeks then they thought due to the went by the last period but I told them that was short but they counted that as my last period now I just don't know what to do cause I know I haven't been under any stress at all to make my period do what it did the same thing I do everyday work home and take care of my two kids nothing changed but I am losing weight now and that don't normally happen until I pregnant I lose weight doing the first few weeks then ill start picking it back up I am confused and I really need help now I did have sex from the 4th of January until the 7th of January and I know the 7th was the day I ovulated.we didn't use any thing beside the pull out method but he pull out on his second ejection do to he think the first ejection cant get you pregnant nor does he think pre sperm can get you pregnant

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly get a urine pregnancy test. Detailed Answer: Hello, I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, after analyzing your query I feel you could be pregnant. As you have missed your periods it is better to get a urine pregnancy (home test) test done. Depending on the findings treatment can be planned. As you had unprotected intercourse you are at high risk of getting pregnant. Also you can get a clinical examination and a scan to confirm the findings. If the pregnancy test comes positive you need to decide whether to continue it, if it is negative you can be given progesterone tablets for withdrawal bleeding. I also advise you to go for some contraception like copper T or implants or injectables or permanant sterilization depending on your choice. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: What causes early periods? 7 hours later
well when I took a pregnancy test with my other two they always came back negative. Like when I found out that I was pregnant with my first son I was 5 months due to I was still getting my period until I was like 6 Month with him but the test was always negative then I got really sick one day and was rush to the ER there when they did blood and more testes that's when I found out n with my Daughter it was time for my normal check up when they found out but two weeks before that they said I wasn't pregnant but I don't know cause it hard I know every time I eat or try to eat some I feel like I have to vomit but nothing never comes out but I know one thing I don't even eat like I normally would cause the small of food sometimes make me feel sick

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 19 hours later
Brief Answer: wait for 3 to 5 days and repeat the preganncy test Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Kindly do not worry, as your pregnancy test is negative it is unlikely that you are pregnant. If you are very much concerned then kindly get a scan pelvis to confirm if there is any pregnancy. Another option is checking serum beta HCG levels. I personally feel you can wait for another 3 to 5 days and repeat the urine pregnancy test , if it is still negative then get a clinical examination and scan. If everything is normal you can be given progesterone tablets for withdrawal bleeding. Once you get your periods it is important to go for some contraceptive method of your choice. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: What causes early periods? 16 hours later
how do I accept your answer cause it was helpful thanks

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it by CLOSING THE DISCUSSION. Thank you, Wish you good health. Regards, Dr Arif You can consult me again directly through my profile WWW.WWWW.WW