What causes discoloured patch causing itching under penis foreskin?

i had a patch under the foreskin of penis and few spots on the foreskin, which were diagnosed as vitilgo. later these spots grew in size and followed by 2-3 small spots on the neck. the doctor prescribed placentrax gel along with vitamin e and becosules z which i followed with sun exposure. then a patch developed on one side of XXXXXXX which stretched to half side of the XXXXXXX on the same side of the where there was patch under foreskin. this patch became whitish pink in color and then it started itching( ticklish). when i try to check this with my finger it gives ticklish feeling while no such feeling on the other half, otherwise to that part keeps giving that ticklish feeling. also the rim portion of the XXXXXXX on the affected side has turned little bluish purple in color. the doctor gave me fluconazole tablet for 3 day along with sertacide b cream application for 2 days for any fungal infection, which has produced no result. penis skin can be pulled back without any discomfort. pls guide.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Not serious Detailed Answer: Hi I checked the photos. Except for the white patch there is no nothing obviously wrong there. Leucoderma(vitiligo) is autoimmune disorder. It should not give any itchy feeling. It is not serious problem and it is just a cosmetic diappearance. By now you should have enquired with a lot of dermatologist and read though in the internet about these facts. Now if you have itching there should be some chemical or germ that causes or irritates it. So your doctor may be right in treating it as fungal infection first with Flucanazole. Continue it for for next week and if there is no change then itching should be because of other reasons like placentrex or clothes etc. You may add Levocetrizine tablet too that reduce the sense of itching. If you have have not visited a Dermatologist this is the time you should knock his door. You may get answers for the white patches too. I am not sure if you are worried about white patch or itching? If you are able to draw the foreskin back it is a good sign and probably not a long term problem.
Follow-up: What causes discoloured patch causing itching under penis foreskin? 1 hour later
sir, as you have seen the photos, could the itching patch on the XXXXXXX be starting of psarosis. because i has a itching patch on neck where there are vitilgo spots which caused itching whenever i was out in sun ( specially in summers). moreover the rim colors one side more dark purplish u have not commented. lastly the patch underforeskin and XXXXXXX ( half area) are normal in vitiligo.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: I did not notice purplish hue Detailed Answer: I do not notice purplish hue hence did not comment. It looked normal to me. It may be evident with naked eye examination under sun light. Scratching can cause such hue. Most of the skin lesions are sensitive under the sun and increases itch. Psoriasis is not coming to my thoughts now.
Follow-up: What causes discoloured patch causing itching under penis foreskin? 20 hours later
sir though i have consulted a dermatologist prevsly , i would request u to guide me to best medication for vitiligo for my condition i.e. which medicine to use , how to use , when to use , exposure to sunlight, any deficiency ( test) to be conduxted etc. i do have vit d deficency 10.2 . result will be seen from your medication will be seen in what time period.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Very few options that you have Detailed Answer: Hi You have vitiliginous patches on the external genitalia. Majority of the doctors are not treating the spots at this site. This makes it doubtful for you to undergo narrow PUVA therapy plus Psoralen. This is currently the promising and economical treatment for Vitiligo and the results are satisfactory on all other parts like face, hands, neck, trunk. You do not have big patch on the neck to undergo PUVA. So you should only try topical psoralen there. The other treatment is melanocyte transfer which is also difficult in your case but possible on neck region. Topical Oxsoralen is also discussed by few doctors but the sun toxicity and narrow safety is stopping a lot of doctors from using this. The left over is cover ups that is like shading that means choosing a color near to the skin and painting it. This is not permanent though and the shades may fade in one to 5 years. Cosmetic dermatologist are practising it as I hear from my colleagues. So you should actually meet a Cosmetic dermatologist than a general one. Hope this is useful.