What causes depression and irritability while taking lamictal for bipolar disorder?
User rating for this question
I started taking Lamictal 4 days ago for type 2 bipolar and am starting to feel depressed, grumpy, and irritable. I know that these are possible side effects, but I am wondering if they will go away as I get used to the drug.
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Coulr be an onset of depression Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. You have mentioned that you have schizobipolar and since last 4 days you are feeling depressed grumpy and irritable. They are very rare side effects of lamotrigine. The more likely cause is that you could have landed up with a depression episode.The common side effects of lamotrigine are rashes and blood dyscrasias. These symptoms will go away with time ones your depression is controlled by lamotrigine. Further you may even ask your treating psychiatrist to start you on a antidepressant drug like bupropion or mirtazapine which will helpn in reducing the symptoms faster. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
People also viewed
- Tender red lump on leg
- Sore red spot on lower leg
- Are bipolar disorders and depression the hereditary problems
- Vaginal lump sore leg
- Diet related to diamicron
- Diaphragm pain symptoms doctor
- Taking lamictal for bipolar disorder why was thorozene prescribed
- Is unienzyme safe for kidney dialysis paitent
- Lump on leg for no reason
- Resistant bipolar disorder causes
- Mixed bipolar disorder causes
- Squishy lump in leg pregnancy
- Steroid myopathy weakens oesophageal opening in diaphragm
- Raised welts in diaper area
- Manic bipolar disorders causes