What causes decrease muscle strength in legs?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
the muscles in my legs ,donot let me rise from a stoop position. I must grab a hold of something to pull up. I am a nurse and still work full time. And I love working. It's very embar. to have this condition. thank you for your time.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Needs investigations. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The decrease in the strength of the muscles could be related to a vitamin D3 deficiency, arthritis, osteoporosis or muscular weakness. You need regular muscle strengthening exercises under the guidance of a proficient physiotherapist to regain the lost strength. Also, do get a few blood tests done to rule out any deficiencies. In case the muscle weakness is persistent or gradually increasing then consulting a neurologist will be helpful. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.