What causes decrease muscle strength in legs?
User rating for this question
the muscles in my legs ,donot let me rise from a stoop position. I must grab a hold of something to pull up. I am a nurse and still work full time. And I love working. It's very embar. to have this condition. thank you for your time.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Needs investigations. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The decrease in the strength of the muscles could be related to a vitamin D3 deficiency, arthritis, osteoporosis or muscular weakness. You need regular muscle strengthening exercises under the guidance of a proficient physiotherapist to regain the lost strength. Also, do get a few blood tests done to rule out any deficiencies. In case the muscle weakness is persistent or gradually increasing then consulting a neurologist will be helpful. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.
People also viewed
- Fluttering feeling in bladder when sitting down
- What does it mean when you pee a little uncontrollable
- What causes decrease muscle strength in legs
- What causes muscle stiffness in legs
- Intra luminal echoes at bladder
- What causes leg muscle cramps at night
- What is d phenothrine dangers to me
- Sitting on a cold stone bladder
- Decreased muscle tone causes
- Waltuz br for children for cough
- What kind of doctor deals with sebaceous prominence
- What causes random nose bleeds in 12 year old boy
- Sitting in chair and my bladder hurts
- Bladder health with hookworm
- What causes leg muscle cramps