What causes cold sensation inside the ears?

Hi, For the past several days my inner ears feel cold on the inside. More like a menthol sensation. Slightly in my sinus area too. But mostly my right ear And neck. I have no other symptoms.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can be due to infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Feeling of cold in the inner ears is most commonly caused by blocked ear canal by wax or infection. It can also be indicative of a middle ear disease. The other possible causes are nutritional deficiencies, allergic reactions, excessive cold, exposure to chemicals, electrolyte imbalance etc. Some measures: 1)Stop smoking/ alcohol completely for few days and observe for changes. 2)Avoid alcohol,sea food as it may trigger an allergic reaction.Prefer having home made food. 3)Apply petroleum jelly overnight. 4)Have a glass of orange juice or any mixed fruit so that if any electrolyte imbalance is corrected. 5)Avoid stress and relax your mind. You can take methylcobalain supplements also. If the symptoms persist even after 5 days or worsen consider visiting an ENT specialist for evaluation as a physical examination would be beneficial. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL