What causes chest pain, heart palpitations and unexplained intermission in sinus rhythm?

I had an ECG , i get chest pain and heart palpertations , There is unexplained intermission in my sinus rythm what does that mean usually?
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be due to heart block or sick sinus syndrome Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX In my opinion chest pain, heart palpitations and unexplained intermission in sinus rhythm can be due to: 1. heart block(abnormal conduction in the cardiac muscle).Depending on the rhythm disturbance and type(regular/irregular) on ECG this needs to be treated by medication. 2. Improper functioning of heart natural pace maker called as sick sinus syndrome(SSS). If its associated with fatigue, fainting episodes this requires cardiologist/medical supervision for further management. Hope this answers your query. Keep us posted for further queries.