What causes cardiac hypertrophy?

yeh, most symptoms gone and they done here MRI many times the ultrasound checks etc.. left ejection rate is over 65% over 40 times done blood test, since begining all enxzyms normal. i still feel lil bit weak and not 100% like before. lost 15kg in 1 month time. i weight 86kg and 178cm before. i am quite atheletic. the thing now worries me is the report from 1 month ago where it says there is left wall hypertrophy with XXXXXXX 16-17mm :( can this be hypertrophic cardiomayopathy?
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Please upload the reports of cardiac echo&MRI.. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have seen your reports and could say that your EKG reports hypertrophyic cardiomyopathy. Please bear in mind that this is a genetic condition. So, I suggest to do the cardiac echo for all your family members to further evaluate it. If other family members will result with hypertrophy, then, should run genetic analysis. Before running into specific conclusions, I'd gently ask to have the reports of your cardiac echo and MRI tests. Thank you! Dr.Benard
Follow-up: What causes cardiac hypertrophy? 15 minutes later
Hi, Thanks, is there any changes on ECG from 15th to 27th of january? How long does it take to get to normal the ecg? Also can this hypertrophy be due to mayocarditis ? In MRI report it says " some odema in heart which be suggest it to be myocarditis" They done like 5 or 6 echo during this 1 and half month and on most of them they said i have really good heard and last one was a redident php cardiology who said there is no cardiomyopathy and everything should get better in 2-3 months but i am still not 100% i never had chest pain, swollen legs etc..
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Ther are some ECG changes, thing will normalize... Detailed Answer: Hi back and thank you for following up. Yes there are some electrical change on the ECG from 15th to 27th january. The T vave in leads from V2 to V^ become negative on 27 th jabuary. Yes cardiac hypertrophy may be due to Myocardial edema that accompanied myocarditis but this should come back to normal after 2-3 months. If cardiac hypertrophy persist after 3 months this may be related to Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Your ECG, ECHO and MRI data should return to normal within 3 months and also your complaints will go away and you will return back to normality. Also i suggest to consult a psychologist to help you to deal with the stress of this disease. Hope it answered to your queries! Dr. Benard
Follow-up: What causes cardiac hypertrophy? 5 hours later
Hi, Thanks doctor :)
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: It' s a pleasure to help you with medical advise. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you for following up. It' s a pleasure to help you with medical advise. Dr. Benard