What causes burning sensation in the upper abdomen?
User rating for this question
Hi From last 15 days i am feeling a burning sensation in my upper abdomen to naval point and some pain in right side of abdomen. After eating i feel as if my stomach is pushing upwards and filled to extreme after having a normal mean (despite i have reduced my meal intake by at least 25%). Initially i thought it to be normal acidity as I had very spicy meals in dinner continuously 2-3 days before i felt this burning sensation. But it’s not subsiding and is there from last 15 days. What’s your suggestion. Do you see any major disease symptoms.
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 29 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. I went through post about burning sensation in the upper abdomen and feeling of stomach being pushed up after having food. These dyspeptic symptoms are due to acid peptic disease. An upper GI endoscopy may be done for evaluating your symptoms. Meanwhile for relief of symptoms you can take C.Nexpro-L once daily half an hour before breakfast. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini
People also viewed
- Is diarrhea a side effect of microgestin 1/20?
- What causes burning tongue sensation
- Diagnosis of acute histoplasmosis
- Is redness of skin a side effect of rifaximin?
- Is diarrhea a side effect of mucinex for kids?
- Diagnosis of traumatic amnesia
- What causes burning sensations in groin and upper thighs
- Diagnosis of cirrhotic liver disease
- What causes burning sensation in the upper abdomen
- What causes vaginal burning sensation
- What causes tingling and burning sensation in upper thigh
- Is diarrhea a side effect of voltaren topical?
- Is increased hunger a side effect of protonix?
- Diagnosis of cns tumors
- Diagnosis of estradiol deficiency