What causes burning sensation in stomach?

Dear Doctor , I had food poisoning and was prescribed to take Oflox OZ, Bifilac, Pantocid for 5 days . Though the loose motions are not there , i still feel a burning sensation in my stomach frequently and after eating i burp a lot . Its been more than 10 days since the last dose of medicine .
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: continue medications for extended time Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query. The burning sensation in your stomach is due to gastritis. You need to continue the medicine pantocid for a week more or until the time your symptoms disappear. I would suggest you to take Capsule Pantocid 40mg once daily on empty stomach for a week more. Meanwhile, avoid spicy and high fatty food. Take yoghurt, butter milk, and tender coconut water daily. Get well soon.