What causes burning pain in my arm post massive rotator cuff tear surgery?

Question
16 months Post Op. Massive Rotator Cuff Tear Surgery / pain over 5 level gone / most night pain gone / Age 58 / stationary engineer / pipe fitter. Still loss of daily endurance, weak, not as prior injury, inability for lifting weight over 2 pounds from standing position, to waist, to overhead, or lowering same. Any work required straight out from body unable sustain outreach, some passive movements required. Ok lifting while arm is close to body up to 40 pounds. Daily ice packs required after extended use. Burning pain extend down to elbow when lowering arm. Popping Cracking noise at all times. Still rage of motion reduced / Still weak. CA DWC FORM 100 Question? What is the Disability Resulting From Your Injury? Describe Disability?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Would surely love to be of assistance sir Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. The disability resulting from your injury would be: -Inability to use affected arm -Limited and/or restricted range of motion -Inability to lift arm or objects -Constant pain, weakness and tenderness making movements painful -Inability to conduct any basic activities like reaching anterior or posterior parts of the body, pulling, lifting or sleeping on affected side Description of disability: -Constant pain, weakness and tenderness of the entire arm making movements painful -Inability to conduct any basic activities like reaching anterior or posterior parts of the body, pulling, lifting or sleeping on affected side I hope this information is what you were looking for sir. I have helped many patients with their social security claims and so I am hoping this helps you as well. I somehow feel the system is flawed though, as a physical examination and a statement from the claimant is not taking, which helps describe the disability most accurately. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to be of assistance. Best wishes.