What causes burning in upper belly?

Gastroenterologist
Question
from last 5-6 days, I am having problem of gastric after eating anything. It feels like burning from upper portion of my belly and have to take antacid everytime I am taking my food.Few years back I had same problem & it cures after taking medicine.Please suggest me what to eat at this time and some medicine.
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. You need to avoid coffee,citrus, alcohol, smoking ( if you have these habits), fatty food, spicy/masala food and tomato based products. You can take nexsium and mucaine for symptom relief. Since this is only an online consultation and that I dont have the option to examine you, I advice you to consult your doctor for a thorough examination and to get prescription of the above mentioned medications. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: What causes burning in upper belly? 15 hours later
Thanks for your suggestion. From yesterday I start taking Moza-5 to get some relief. But 1hr or half of taking that medicine it again start the same prob. From today I start avoiding all the thing you told me. Please tell me the mg of the medicine you suggest me to take for symptom relief.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, You can take neksium 40 mg once daily before breakfast and mucaine 10 ml thrice a day for relief. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: What causes burning in upper belly? 3 minutes later
ok thanks...

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Welcome Detailed Answer: .