What causes burning and tingling in arms with dizziness and weakness?

I am a 26 y.o female. About a month ago after a week on vacation (we had been partying and carrying on) I had a very scary experience. I consider myself a social drinker and drink sometimes on the weekends. I had plenty of rest and drank lots of water after a night out, but the next day my arms began burning and tingling. Then I began to feel very dizzy and off balance, I also seemed to have a hard time grabbing things when people handed me objects. For days afterwards I felt dazed and my hands felt weak. they also continued to have the pins and needles sensations. I saw primary care Dr. and they did check electrolytes, and metabolic panel, everything came back normal. I was given a script for gambapentin, which seems to help with the sensations but it does not treat the underlying problem. neurologist said he thinks I had a panic attack, which I would be willing to accept--but the symptoms still preceded for about two weeks after. I finally felt normal a month later and went to a birthday dinner and had a few drinks. The same symtoms reoccured but not as severely. my lower lid on left eye seems to have developed a twitch. I am extremely worried and going to see primary doctor on tues. what could be causing this and what tests should I request? I have read about vitamin deficiency and neurotoxicity, please help
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: need further evaluation Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. I think you need to be evaluated further by checking Vitamin B12 levels and probably levels of toxins like lead in blood. I donot think that it is just a panic attack until unless rule out all other probable causes. Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again I wish you good health, take care --Dr. Alok
Follow-up: What causes burning and tingling in arms with dizziness and weakness? 20 hours later
Is there a possibility of any neuropathy? Should i request to get a refferal for a CT or EEG?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, I am thinking in term of neuropathy only. Both Vitamin B12 deficiency and toxins can cause neuropathy, but EEG will not help. CT head may be required after initial investigations. Regards,