What causes brown bumps in pubic area?

Dermatologist
Question
I just trim my pubic area and noticed a couple of small slightly raised brown bumps slash moles. it does not itch, burn, or irritate
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Asymptomatic bumps over pubic area Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Welcome to healthcare magic, From your description I am thinking of the possibilities of skin tags or genital warts. Skin tags are harmless growths. Genital warts however are caused by human papilloma virus which is sexually transmitted. There are other conditions like seborrhoeic keratosis or even moles which fit your description. The best thing you can do is to upload a photograph.You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Do not worry about the privacy as this site is safe in that regard. Take care.

Follow-up: What causes brown bumps in pubic area? 6 minutes later
here are pictures

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Benign swellings Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome back, They look like dermatosis papulosa nigra. They are benign skin growths. These are not genital warts. Do you have these lesions elsewhere ? Over the face ? These can be cauterized by electrosurgery or radio frequency under topical anesthesia by a dermatologist if you want it removed. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help. Take care.

Follow-up: What causes brown bumps in pubic area? 2 minutes later
no I don't them any where else, face, arms, no where just there

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Benign skin growths Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome back, Ok, These are only of cosmetic concern and you can remove it by electrosurgery which is an office procedure. It won't go with application of creams. Hope I have answered your query. Take care.