What causes body aches when on Diovan,Nifidiac,Lipitor and Paxil?

My meds are diovan 320, nifidiac 60, lipitor 40, paxil 40. I have continues achey body flu like symptoms. No joint or muscle pain. What do you think?
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Lipitor is the likely cause for symptoms Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day The culprit drug is likely to be Lipitor. Lipitor is Atorvastatin( Statin group of drugs used in lowering lipid level), which is known for causing Myopathy, which is expressed as general body ache. The severity of which may vary from mild general body ache with flu like symtoms to severe muscle pain( severe myopathy). I would suggest you the following in consultation with your Physician 1. Dose alteration in consultation with your physician 2.The drug needs to be taken at night after dinner 3. If symptoms persists or worsen it is advisable to disvontinue Lipitor and switch on to other group of lipid lowering drugs. 4. Assess Serum CPK MB levels, to know the degree of myopathy. Rest assured everything is fine and I don't see any need to be concerned from your end. In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take Care, Wish you Good Health Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD