What causes blurry vision and numbness in the left side of my face?

I have had a deterioration in vision over the past two days. I went and saw my eye doctor and he said my eyes look solid and no issues. My blurred vision is associated with a headache that is pretty constant and some numbness from time to time on the left side of my face. My left eye twitches a lot, but not constantly and usually only last a minute or two when it happens. I am exhausted most of the time and fall asleep easily when I am at home. My energy is really low and I have a little baby girl due in a week and a half, so it's a bit disconcerting that my vision is not great.
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need to rule out migraine and hypertension. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health care magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are having blurring of vision from last two days associated with headache, numbness of left side of face, twitching of the left eye. The causes of the eye responsible for these symptoms are uncorrected refractive errors like myopia, hypermetropia or astigmatism. Since you have already consulted eye doctor and he has told that eyes are fine, I don't think you will be having refractive errors, hence I will try to advice you regarding other causes for your problems. The most common cause presenting this way is migraine. Migraine will have eye symptoms like blurring of vision, numbness as prodromal symptom. Hence this needs to ruled out first. The second thing I will consider is systemic problems like hypertension. You have mentioned in the history that you are taking lisinopril tablets and I guess you are taking this for reducing blood pressure. Hence I advice you to consult your physician for evaluation regarding migraine and systemic diseases like hypertension. Hope I have answered your query and the information is helpful to you. Thank you