What causes blurry eyes,temple pain,headache,fluid pressure ear which resulting in sinusitis?

6 months back: - Blurry eyes, heavy temple pain, headache, fluid pressure feeling around ear which resulted in sinusitis all these issues resolves except commencement of neck pain - Don't know what caused it, took long courses of antibiotic Now: - Pain in palms on holding anything (even phone) - Pain in arms on lifting to shoulder level and up - Stiffness around neck not pain - Ear buzzing - Head Pressure all the time (particularly around ear area) also at base of skull sometimes, increased while talking - Trouble focusing - Numbness in right leg everyday after sitting prolong - Crackling sound in jaw, shoulder and knees - Burning sensations around neck, hands and leg area sometimes - Pain at back of knees and top of foot sometimes - Sleeplessness - MInor bulging at C3-C4 and C4-C5 I got tested for all virus and lyme (it all came negative). I have a small 7mm benign adenoma behind my left thyroid lobe (suspicion of PTH), but PTH level came out normal, calcium is normal, vitamin d is low for which I am taking vitamin d supplements. My physician thinks it might be fibroglymia. Also tried various muscle relaxant, pre-gabantin, tri-gabantin, anti-depressant but not much relief. I don't know what's the issue..
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Thyroid Detailed Answer: I have noted your symptoms. I can understand these are quite concerning to you. Based upon the above information, it would be worthwhile ensuring that your thyroid is functioning fine. I generally perform routine tests like CBC and CMP along with thyroid specific tests like TSH and free T4. If your CBC and CMP have already been done recently and they are essentially within normal limits per your doctor, then there is no need to repeat them. However, the TSH and free T4 are important and will give us a good idea regarding the function of your thyroid. An underactive thyroid can cause multiple symptoms that often are similar to fibromyalgia. I see you are on vitamin D supplements. That is fine as long as you recheck levels in a few months and make sure you are getting the optimal dose ie not inadequate nor excessive