What causes blood in urine during pregnancy?

Mar 2014
hi i am pregnancy in 15 day but some blood come out in urine some time
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Madhuri N Bagde 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ultrasound is needed Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query. I understand that you are pregnant and past your usual period for 15 days. This means that it is almost 6 weeks since your last menstrual period. Your query says that blood is coming from urine. The commonest cause of blood in urine are urine stones. They are usually accompanied by sever pain in the lower abdomen or back. You have not mentioned any such complaints. In any case I suggest that you get a urine examination done and then I would be able to help you better after the results. Sometimes vaginal bleeding seems like blood coming in urine and is confused with blood in urine. If this is your case , than there are three common possibilities 1. The bleeding is implantation bleeding and you have conceived a little late than what is suggested by your menstrual period. This is not a serious issue and usually stops by itself. 2.Bleeding is occurring due to a threatened or a missed abortion. Meaning that either the baby is aborting or is not alive. An ultrasound examination must be done to check this. If it is a threatened abortion, strict bed rest and progesterone supplement like duphaston twice daily are useful. 3. Bleeding occuring due to infection or erosion of the cervix or any local cause like a polyp [kind of non cancerous tumor] of cervix. These are less likely causes and your doctor will be able to help you about these after examining you. For a similar patient in my clinic I do a vaginal examination first to rule out any local cause and confirm source of bleeding. So I suggest that you see your treating obstretician as soon as possible, get an ultrasound and urine examination done. If the baby is ok and urine is negative, absolute bed rest, duphaston and abstinence from sex till bleeding stops completely is needed. Please do not worry as this is a common condition. Hope I was able to help. thanks for using XXXXXXX Dr Madhuri Bagde Consultant OBGY