What causes bleeding after taking i-pill?
User rating for this question
hi doctor, last month i had my periods on 17 XXXXXXX i took i pill on 25th XXXXXXX within 12 hrs of intercourse. but after 12 days of taking i-pill, i started bleeding.and it continued for 9 days. bleeding is much lighter than periods or like spotting.When bleeding started i felt the same pain which i used to feel during starting of every period. Initially i thought that i got my periods but now m confused about it.If it is not periods then when my periods will start. or Is there any chance for pregnancy?Please help .
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: WITHDRAWAL BLEEDING. RARE CHANCE OF PREGNANCY. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. According to your last period date, you did sex on SAFE period and took I-Pill within 12 hrs of unprotected sex which gives more than 95% protection against unwanted pregnancy. Here, chance of pregnancy is quite RARE or NEGLIGIBLE. You got WITHDRAWAL bleeding 12 days after taking I-Pill. It is quite common and normal feature. Most women get this type of bleeding. However, it stops automatically within 3 to 5 days in most cases. Lastly, your next period may be delayed 1 to 2 weeks or more due to hormonal imbalance and mental stress. If your period is delayed more than 1 week, you must undergo one home pregnancy test to exclude RARE possibility. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and practice safe sex in future. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
People also viewed
- Is hyperventilation a side effect of phendimetrazine?
- What causes bleeding after taking i pill
- What is the cause of light bleeding after taking i-pill
- Is fluid-filled skin blisters a side effect of eemt?
- Blood flow from point a to b
- Is runny nose a side effect of prevacid naprapac 500?
- It is so hard to let go any suggestion please
- Is it possible to restore dead hair
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of complera?
- What are the side effects of comtrex cold and cough?
- What is the cause of bleeding after taking i-pill
- What causes heavy bleeding after taking i pill
- Irregular periods along with pain please suggest
- What causes bleeding a week after taking i pill
- Bleeding during sexshould i be alarmed