What causes bleeding after capsulation of breast implant?

I swapped out my saline 420cc implants for 750cc silicon gels about a year ago and shortly after, i developed a seroma. My pocket filled with fluid to about double the size of the left breast and left me with somewhere between a 2nd and 3rd degree capsulation. Im now 6 days post op from finally getting my capsule release but I've been bleeding much more than i ever did from my last two BA's. My surgeon told me i could start massaging immediately, which i did lightly the day after surgery and continued til day 4 when i started to notice blood spotting on my surgical bra, but today it soaked through the medical tape, my compression bra and left a half dollar bullseye on my white tank top within 2-3 hours time just talking a walk along the beach. This was just shortly after my 6 day post op visit, and i was really scared that i had somehow ruptured my stitches, but it didn't appear so. My PS had the nurse remove and redress the tape and said to discontinue massage after i told him i was concerned with how much i had been bleeding. His office isn't very professional, in fact they downright make me feel like a burden for asking questions or having concerns. Im due to fly home in 2 days and I'm worried that this will be a repeat performance of my last BA. My right breast is beginning to feel heavier and fuller and i wasn't sure if it was fluid or just a swollen muscle so i gently massaged it and out dripped probably 2-3 tablespoons of blood. Im really not sure what to do since they dont seem to take me seriously but at the same time i dont want to go home and have the same problem repeat itself. Im currently taking generic accolate (ZAFIRLUCAST), to prevent more scar tissue buildup, Cephalexin 500 mg antibiotic, Spironolactone as a testosterone blocker, carisoprodol 500 mg for muscle spasms, hydrocodone 7.5-325 for pain and multivitamins. Could any of these be causing this bleeding? Is it safe to self drain through gentle massage? What should i do? And if i chose to see another plastic surgeon to fix this before it leads to another CC, how much would i be looking at cost wise? i really can't deal with another complication, but I'm worried if i dont take some action i will wind up having to go under for yet ANOTHER revision! Thank you in advance for your replies
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Explaining things Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I am Dr Saumya Mittal I am a physician and a diabetician I have seen some cases of your complication when I work with my surgical team here in complications like bleeding and infections. I am sorry to hear about the way your doctors are being unable to explain to you the things. First and foremost, I am sure your medicines are not causing any bleeding. It is highly unlikely that they would cause problems. Besides you must surely have had a preoperative check up where you would have been tested for your bleeding profile. Make sure they are good, and you need not worry about medications. I think you should be made aware of the possible complications of the surgery you have had 1. bleeding and infection: these are in fact a complication of almost every surgical procedure. 2. an abnormal sensation and of course pain at the operated site, breast and nipple. 3. Scarring is a distant but real possibility- Its a distant possibility cause these surgeries are usually performed by highly trained plastic surgeons. 4. difficulty in breast feeding is another problem 5 rupture of the implant is a possibility Bleeding may be a problem. Usually the blood amount is low and settles on its own. The other possibility is that there is a large volume of blood and this ideally needs a drainage. The cost of the surgery ranges from $25,000 to $50,000. After all this is a highly specialized surgery. The cost may of course vary from place to place. Any further queries are welcome. Dr Saumya Mittal MD