What causes anxiety and stomach tightness after taking crack?

Hi, for the last week i have been in a constant state of nervousness and i have a tightness in my stomach following a big weekend where recreational drugs were consumed.i cant sleep and I think im making it worse by worrying that it wont go away. Its starting to scare me. Some advice would be much appreciated. I just want to go back to normal. Thanks XXXX
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, what drugs did you take? Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this hear these symptoms and the inconveniences this has caused you. Please, can you provide me with the names of these drugs so that I can look and tell whether they are possible side effects or not? Would be here hoping to hear from you shortly so that I can provide answers and help you with this. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What causes anxiety and stomach tightness after taking crack? 8 hours later
I am unsure exactly.. I have a feeling it was crack..
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Probably related to crack! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for following up with me. Crack causes constriction of blood vessels and releases excitatory hormones like dopamine, adrenaline, etc. This can lead to reduced blood flow and excess stimulation that may explain your symptoms. The good news is that this effect would gradually wear out as sooner than later if you should stop taking crack. Crack is not good for health. Please, I strongly recommend you stay away from it. There is nothing specific to be done but time would wash it out of the system and make you feel better. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.