What causes anus discharge when suffering from hemorrhoids and IBS?

I'm not sure where to go for help/diagnosis. About six months ago I developed a skin rash around my anus. My doctor diagnosed it as candidiasis, and prescribed Diflucan and Nystatin. When they didn't seen to clear it up, doctor referred me to a dermatologist, but I don't think it is a dermatological problem. I have hemorrhoids. I have colonoscopies every two years, and polyps are removed every time. I have been told I have irritable bowel syndrome. Now I have severe discharge which may be anal discharge, or could be from the skin irritation. What should I do?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Further tests are needed for diagnosis&therapy.... Detailed Answer: Hi, There are various factors giving rash around your anus and discharge apart candida: - parasites (should do examination of feces for ova/parasites) - bacteria (should culture the feces for bacteria and candida and do sensitivity testing to determine the right drug) - hemorrhoids (should clarify the status of hemorrhoids by colonoscopy) - psoriasis (a further consultation with dermatologist is needed to rule it out and/or cure it). You should carry out the tests first to determine the diagnose and then, decide for the best treatment. All the best! Dr. Klerida Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up!