What causes abdominal pain along with nausea and back pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
So for about 2 months know I've been getting horrible stomach pain when I go to bed and I become very nauseas sometimes. With this I get neck and back pain. I also get migraines but I've always gotten super bad migraines since I was little so I haven't really focused on that. But my stomach just hurts so bad at night it puts me in tears and I get sick I think because of the pain, and I'm not one to be a baby with pain but it makes my stomach hurt so bad and i can't sleep. I haven't noticed anything really change in my life I'm not super stressed I haven't changed my diet or eating habits so I don't know what could be causing this any ideas?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Needs investigations. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Pain abdomen along with nausea and back pain that is persistent for 2 months seems to be intraperitoneal in nature. The following are the possibilities 1) Acute Gastrointestinal infection 2) Peptic ulcer disease 3) Gall stones or renal stones 4) Intra abdominal pathology like fatty liver You should see a doctor for proper investigations like ultrasound scan and some blood tests. Till then check if there is an over the counter antispasmodic available with your pharmacist. Take them after taking fluid diet, three times a day. For pain do a hot fomentation and take light easy to digest oil free food. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL