What causes a child to revert to bed wetting during illness?

Question
My daughter is a frequent bed wetter with occasional day time wetting, she is not responsive to meds and she is only semi responsive to chiropractic care. She will have many dry nights in a row, then she gets sick with a cold,step, sinus infections etc. and the wetting starts again, every night for months. What reasons would cause a child to revert to wetting when ill?
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer follows. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to health care magic. I can understand your concern. The sleep pattern changes during sickness. This could be responsible for bed wetting as bed wetting is related to sleep pattern. Do not worry if you already got your child examined and investigated for bed wetting. If every investigation is normal and nothing was found to be significant on examination your child will improve with age. Continue to ask further queries as required. Hope this helps. Take care. Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty M.D.(Pediatrics) Associate Professor of Pediatrics

Follow-up: What causes a child to revert to bed wetting during illness? 17 hours later
Thank you. Her urine usually has a strong odor and she drinks alot of liquids. I wanted to know if the sugar urine test was sufficient to rule out diabetes or if we should try to get a glucose test done. I'm sorry that I forgot to ask this earlier. Thank you for your time and Happy Holidays.

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Blood sugar profile is required to rule out. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the wishes. Blood sugar profile test including a fasting a post prandial examination are required to rule out diabetes. Continue to ask further queries as required. Take care.