What care must I take before flight as I went into a fib 18 hrs ago ?

ENT Specialist
Question
I went into a fib 18 hours ago on a cruise. Have to fly home today no time to cardiovert. Not on blood thinners other than aspirin I take sotolol to control. Flight about 6 hrs.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 30 minutes later

I PERSONALLY SUGGEST YOU TO GET A COMPLETE CARDIOVASCULAR EXAMINATION BEFORE YOUR FLIGHT.

This includes ECG, BP measurement, Stress ECG and 2D ECHO etc.. only then if the cardiologist permit you, proceed your journey.

Or if ur journey is too unavoidable, then prior to the flight, inform the concerned airport staff, regarding your condition.

Keep all the drugs with you, some aircrafts have facilities of cardioversion, check for it.

Keep yourself relaxed, calm and proceed.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Wish you a good health.

REGARDS.