What are the underlying causes for fluttering in my chest area?

Apr 2014

Hello. I have had a girgling or a fluttering in my chest area directly under my breast for three days now pretty consistent. I have had this in the past, but it would only last for a second before and now it lasts for several minutes all through the day. Any ideas?
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It may be due to Gas problem or cardiac causes. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Fluttering may be due to cardiac causes or Gas problem. You need proper clinical examination and investigations.It is important to know about chest pain,pulse irregularity etc. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Thyroid profile,Chest X-ray (PA view),Ultrasound of abdomen,Upper GI endoscopy,ECG in all leads.Further investigations can be done if needed. You can take tablet pantoprazole 40 mg half hour before food for six weeks. Proper treatment depends upon clinical findings and investigation reports. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX