What are the underlying causes for experiencing heat in upper side of my body?

I want to know if you have the answer regarding my husband's symtoms? Heat in upper right side of body THANKS XXXXXXX XXXX YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please specify and explain. Detailed Answer: Hello, What does the heat means? Whether he have any skin lesions after exposure to heat? Does he feel hot on upper right side of body? Specify the exact part where he feels or have lesion? Please write back. Wishing you good health.
Follow-up: What are the underlying causes for experiencing heat in upper side of my body? 1 hour later
No there is no lesion - the heat comes from INSIDE THE BODY and there us no pain... We do not know what it is,,,, and the only thing that takes it away is PERCOCET.
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Anxiety and Stress. Need Psychologist advice. Detailed Answer: Hello, I suspect it to be due to his Anxiety and Stress. Anxiety has the potential to drastically raise your body heat, almost as though you're sick, and – depending on where you are – that rise in body heat can be significantly uncomfortable and cause a lot of frustration and misery. Our body heat rises as a result of our fight or flight system. When we confront danger, we need our body to be ready to start fighting or to run away, and body heat changes can actually help us with that reaction. But when our fight/flight system is misfiring, that leads to persistent anxiety, and persistent anxiety is a real problem. Hot flashes or felling of heat generating from inside are rarely the only symptom. That hot feeling can be very disruptive to your life. Those that experience hot flashes at night often report significant problems sleeping, as their sheets start to feel drenched in sweat and their body feels too warm to get any rest. Those that experience it during the day may find that they are uncomfortable everywhere they go. He need thorough physical examination as well as Psychological assessment. Ask him to try relaxation techniques like Yoga and Meditation. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you god health.