What are the tests conducted for screening STD's and where can these be done?

Hi... I had unprotected sex with my GF, i don't find any symptoms in me. but still i want to make a test. can you suggest me? how to make a test & where?
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: STD screening panel Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have read your query. You can get a standard STD screening panel test done that would include HIV, VDRL, HbsAg, tests for Herpes, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. You just have to ask for a 'STD screening panel test'. You can get it done at any standard laboratories like Thyrocare, Ranbaxy, etc. You can do a self -referral for the same or ask your primary care physician to prescribe you these tests. Hope this helps you. Wish you good health. Regards,