What are the symptoms of hypertension ?

what are the symptoms of hypertension
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 46 minutes later

Blood pressure in the initial stages does not present with any signs and symptoms.
It is mostly diagnosed on routine blood pressure measurement. Mild to moderate hypertension is usually a chance diagnosis. It is usually the complications arising from it which produce the symptoms like headache, dizziness, blurring of vision, palpitation, nausea and vomiting, chest pain, shortness of breath, etc.
In extreme cases it may even present with heart attack, heart failure, stroke, renal problems or vision problems.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.