What are the side effects of carbidopa/levodopa?
User rating for this question
What are the side effects of Carb/Levo?
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Your doctors may be right.... Detailed Answer: Hi, At the outset the beneficial effects and side effects that one gets from levodopa / carbidopa is from the amount of dopamine and the areas that it effects. Levodopa is supplemented with carbidopa to make sure the effects of dopamine stays predominantly on the central nervous system and NOT other organs. However if the dose is above tolerable limits it can make the individual sleepless, anxious, confused, psychotic and with dyskinesia. Systemic effects on heart leading to arrhythmias is possible if the dose of carbidopa is not enough. But again most preparation come with standard dosage in relation to levodopa. Therefore your doctors are mostly right. It is unlikely that carb/levo is causing the afib, dizziness and balancing issues. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
People also viewed
- Is seizures a side effect of carbidopa/entacapone/levodopa?
- My throat feels bruised just above collarbone
- What are the side effects of carbidopa, levodopa and entacapone tablets?
- Bruised sternum but no bruising or swelling
- Carbidopa levodopa 25 100 tab side effects
- Tingling feeling in large intestine
- High histamine feeling weak
- Bronchitis following heart stent placement
- Side effects of carbidopa and levodopa
- Bruising in knee cap for no reason
- Carbidopa levodopa sexual side effects
- I fell on my knee cap very painful to touch but no bruising
- Right side of head feels wierd
- Shiver like feeling in head
- My head does not feel right