What are the risks involved in thyroid nodule surgery? Suggest doctors around Varanasi

could you you please tell me the risks involved in thyroid nodules surgery. please also suggest good doctors around varanasi.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 1 hour later
I shall assure you that the surgery done for thyroid nodules is most of the time uneventful.
But as in case of all surgical procedure although rare there can be complications.
The complications that can occur due to surgical treatment of the thyroid nodule are:-
1-Hoarse voice if vocal cord nerves are damaged during surgery,
2-Hypothyroidism resulting from surgery,
3-Low blood calcium levels can occur due to hypoparathyroidism if parathyroid glands are accidentally damaged or removed during surgery.
As for the good doctors in Varanasi I guess the ENT Surgeons at BHU and in Varanasi are quite competent and they shall be able to handle your mothers case.
Better idea can be taken from the local doctor.
Hope that this answer is helpful to you.