What are the risk if child received polio vaccine for twice?

Feb 2013

My son is 3.5 yrs old. This sunday(24-feb), i missed the govt scheduled pulse polio vaccine for him. So, took him to the nearest clinic to get the vaccination today. They didnot check his XXXXXXX in the finger first. they put two drops in his mouth. Later they noticed the XXXXXXX on his finger. when I checked in his day care later. they informed me that they had also got the vaccine put for him yesterday, since they didnot notice the XXXXXXX But they had not informed me about it. Is it OK for my child to have double dose of polio vaccine within a day? I am concerned.

Thanks in advance.
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 44 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,

Don't worry as your child received polio vaccine for twice.

There will be no harm to the child by giving polio drops for two times.

The XXXXXXX on finger is kept to identify the children who didn't receive the oral polio vaccine on that pulse program day.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Follow-up: What are the risk if child received polio vaccine for twice? 47 minutes later
Thanks for the reply. My son is due for the next scheduled regular vaccination of 3 yrs this week. Should I wait for some time as polio vaccine is given now (that too twice) OR can I go ahead with the vaccination?

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 15 minutes later

You are welcome.

Thank you for getting back,

No need to wait for some time.

You can go ahead for the regular vaccination as it was scheduled.

Hope I have answered your query, if you don't have any further clarification you can close the session and your kindly review of my answer is always welcomed to advise in a better way in future.

Thank you,