What are the resons for small patch on penis head?

Dermatologist
Question
A few years back I noticed a small patch on the head of my penis, not raised, no discharge, completely unchanged in appearance, painless - it almost looks like a small area where blood has collected under the thin skin of my glans or maybe even like a tiny 'port wine' birthmark, it's tiny maybe 2mm across at best and fades a bit when I have a strong erection, fades completely when I press on it. I'd kinda forgotten about it as I was celibate for years after getting out of a nasty relationship and it was giving me no trouble at all, however I'm hoping to enter into a sexual realtionship with a girl shortly and am worried about the appearance of it which is sending me into overdrive, imaging all sorts of cancers or underlying causes.
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It might be a hemangioma. It is abnormally dilated blood vessel. However I would like to see a photograph of the lesion. This will help of in giving a closer diagnosis and I would be able to help you better. Please upload a photograph. Waiting for your response. Thank you

Follow-up: What are the resons for small patch on penis head? 58 minutes later
Hi Doctor, Thanks for your prompt response..It does resemble pictures of what you mentioned. How do I upload a picture, I'm not getting the option on this page. Thank you XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 21 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Sorry for delay in response. There is an option to attach photograph on right side of query page. If you don't find that. Send the photographs to my mail id. YYYY@YYYY . Thank you

Follow-up: What are the resons for small patch on penis head? 3 hours later
Hi Doctor, thanks again Well, I'm on an oil-rig at the moment and unfortunately the company doesn't allow uploading of photos. Further to my last though, I searched more pictures of the hemangioma you described and to be honest, that doesn't really look like what is on my penis after all. It is tiny, not raised, and hasnt changed in appearance at all for years, no fluid, no itching, no burning, no pain - it's not dry or anything - it's exactly like the rest of my glans except a slightly darker colour and like I said about 2mm acrooss at most. It's like it's not even there (except I can see it!!). I spoke to the medic on the oil rig (I was too embarassed to tell him it was me!!) and he described Fordyce spots, which seems to be more accurate to what I am experiencing.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 15 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up It can be fordyce spots. however the fordyce lesions are usually seen on the ridge of glans penis. That's why I asked for a photograph. Please upload a photograph whenever possible. I would be available to help you. Thank wanted