What are the reasons for itching in vagina?

Mar 2016

hihi dr. i'm almost one month delayed and i tried 4 PTs but it was all negative... there was one time when i pee and wipe, I saw a stain of tiny spot of blood in the tissue.. and now, my vgina is itching inside. I washed again and let it dry but still the itch is there. this is very rare.. what is wrong with me
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. CONSULT WITH DOCTOR. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. Followings are my comments: 1) Besides pregnancy, there are several reasons of delayed period like hormonal imbalance, over weight, mental stress or emotional upset, Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD), pelvic infection, irregular diet habit etc. Some relevant investigations like ultrasound scan, hormone test, blood sugar and prolactin level etc are required to pinpoint the diagnosis. Proper treatment depends on diagnosis of the case. 2) Blood spotted tissue may be due to old endometrial lining or late period itself. Vaginal yeast infection can cause itching with associated white discharge. One vaginal swab test will be helpful in that case. You can use vaginal suppository for 3 to 5 days at bed time to get relief from this. Certain predisposing factors should be avoided like contact of chemical subs or soap or detergent/ bath products/ perfume, wet clothes for long time, repeated douching, unprotected sex etc. Take healthy diet with antioxidant, drink more water for better systemic circulation, control body weight and maintain genital hygiene. SUGGESTION: Kindly, consult with gynecologist for clinical evaluation, proper guidance of relevant investigations and prescription. You may need hormonal medication additionally to induce period. Hope, it helps for you for proper understanding. Let me know, if you need any clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: What are the reasons for itching in vagina? 8 minutes later
Is there a possibility that I am pregnant but the test is negative? I had never been delayed.. this is my 1st time. And as to yeast infection, I don't have any unusual discharge. I don't smell..but everytime I insert my finger in my vagina i can feel some small bumps, is that normal?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. 1) As you have gotten four NEGATIVE home pregnancy tests, then possibility of your pregnancy is quite low if last test is done very recently. However, you can undergo one blood test for beta-hCG to clear doubts. 2) It is better to undergo relevant investigations as mentioned above to pinpoint the diagnosis under the guidance of your gynecologist. It will be helpful for you to understand the exact cause. 3) Sometimes early sign of yeast infection does not present with discharge but itching is common. Bacterial infection can cause the same thing in association with dryness of vagina and increased vaginal pH. Here, you can apply VAGISIL cream or KY Gel for proper lubrication and moisturizing of vagina. 4) Small bump like feeling may be due to vaginal Rugosity (mostly normal thing). However, I would suggest you to undergo one pelvic examination with or without speculum to identify underlying pathology if any. Hope, I have guided you properly. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. All the best. Good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen