What are the possible causes for dull pain behind testicles?

I have over the past week developed a dull pain. The pain seems to me be cumming from behind my left testicle, it has been 5 days, the first day very minor, by the 3rd day, i felt allot of discomfort and heaviness of my testicles. By the next day it seemed to have gotten better. It felt when the area was contracted(i do not know what muscle or tendon) just generally contracted, i can consciously relax the area. The next day i tried to keep the area relaxed, it got better, 8hrs into my work(standing) the pain returned. Today I awoke, felt totally normal, till just now the dull pain returned as I sat on the floor with my legs folded typing up a college paper. My urination is normal, my ejaculate i have noticed has dropped in volume over the past 4yrs to about 1/2, i do not know if that is related. In addition I also remember I felt occasional twitching or tingling from the rear of my testicles during the middle 2 days.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Most probably infection of the epididymis--------- Detailed Answer: welcome to the forum. I went through your description. At your age, it should be either infection of the testis/ epididymis (sperm collecting tubes) called epididymo-orchitis OR a twist of the cord (torsion). I do not think of torsion because by this tine, you should have worsening of pain and swelling. So i think of infection. Home remedy would be scrotal support in the form of underwear and application of ice cubes wrapped in a plastic cover thrice daily for a week. Kindly consult your doctor, get physically examined, get urine tested for infection and get a scan of the testes done. Further treatment will be based on the test results. Hope this helps. Regards