What are the natural remedies to treat black eye ?

Question
Hi I fell over a cord and hit my left temple. I did not go to a doctor as there was no loss of consciousness or any other symptoms. 72 hours later temple swelling is subsiding, but I am supporting a very bruised left ye.How should I treat this?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Natural and Home Remedies
Follow-up: What are the natural remedies to treat black eye ? 8 minutes later
Hi I fell over a cord and hit my left temple. I did not go to a doctor as there was no loss of consciousness or any other symptoms. 72 hours later temple swelling is subsiding, but I am supporting a very bruised left eye.How should I treat this?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 51 minutes later
Hello.
For treatment of black eye, cold compress early in the injury reduces the bleeding.
Take mild analgesics for pain and swelling like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
Protect the injured area from any further injury.
Give rest to the eye.
Small uncomplicated injuries usually resolve in 2-3 weeks.
Meanwhile you should self monitor yourself for any detrimental symptoms like unconsciousness, vomiting, bleeding through ears, nose or mouth, vision disturbance, severe pain in the eye, etc in which case it is best to take a medical help.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.

Follow-up: What are the natural remedies to treat black eye ? 48 hours later
Thank you. I have been applying a combination Arnica creme 3 times a day comprising Arnica 0.04, Witch XXXXXXX 0.04,Thyme 0.02 and Aloe Vera 0.04 which is in a light creme base. Should I also try warm compress?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Hello.

Thanks for writing back.

You can apply the cream without much rubbing. Yes you can apply warm compress to relieve the pain and fasten the healing process.

Hope this helps you.

Wish you a good health.