What are the findings from the child's blood test and how to improve his appetite?

Hi , i have some blood results from my son and i am concerned. % Neutrofile - 52.4 % (18 - 44%), Nr. neutrofile - 5.52 *103 /µl (0.72 - 5.28 *103 /µl), % Limfocite - 36.2 % (46 - 76%), % Monocite - 9.08 % (2 - 8%), Nr. trombocite - 537 *103 /µl (150 - 450 *103 /µl), MPV - 5.76 fL (7.4 - 10.4 fL), PDW - 17.2 % (12.0 - 16.5 %) + some mucus in the urine. He doesn't eat as well as before and is sensitive in the neck area, like wanting to throw up. He is 4 years 5 months old, 17kg, 110cm tall.
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Not too concerning........Be calm. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about your sons illness. From the results you have provided, there is nothing too abnormal that should raise panic right now. Please, I will like you to check the normal limits for neutrophiles and lymphocytes have been interchanged. Please, confirm that. The only concerning figure here should be the platelets number. however seen its size, average volume and band distribution, it explains why there are so many into a micro liter of blood because of their small sizes. This will need a follow up control to see whether this persists but likely not something to be worried about. Was he examined for possible pharyngitis or sore throat? That is the most common cause of neck sensitivity and refusal or difficulties to eat in children. I will suggest that you monitor him closely and report any further symptoms to his doctor for evaluation and management if need be. I hope you find the above information helpful.Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to request for clarifications or ask for more information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.