What are the findings from the blood sugar test?

My blood sugar level with fasting is 115 whereas PP is 118, is there anything that I need to worry about. I repeated test twice from different labs in past 15 days and result are almost consitent. My age is 29 and a female. Kindly advice.
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Impaired fasting glucose Detailed Answer: Dear madam Welcome to healthcare magic It appears from the query, your fasting sugars - 115 mg and post prandial sugars - 118 mg.. Your post prandial sugars are with in normal limits. No need to worry for it.. According to American diabetes association fasting blood sugars more than 126 mg/dl is labelled as diabetes, 110 to 125 mg/dl is labelled as fasting glucose intolerance. So according to criteria you are having fasting glucose intolerance. It is commonly called as pre diabetes. There is nothing to worry about, you need to get your HbA1c estimation done for confirmation about prediabetes. Usually no medication is needed, life style modification and diet and exercise will postpone the diabetes or some times revert the condition.. So walk regularly and follow healthy life tips.. Hope answer is helpful. Thanks