What are the findings from the MRI report of lumbar spine?
User rating for this question
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query and informing the MRI report of the lumbar spine. This report shows disc bulging at two levels in the lower back (lumbar region) with pinching of the nerves at those levels. The symptoms due to these abnormalities may include back pain, pain in the legs, tingling, numbness or weakness in the legs, etc. Initial treatment would consist of medications such as pregabalin or gabapentin capsules, and physiotherapy. If there is no improvement, epidural injection in the low back may be given. In about 10% of cases, when there is no improvement with the above treatments, surgery may be needed. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
Follow-up: What are the findings from the MRI report of lumbar spine? 1 hour later
Dear sir, there is no improvement in the situation with medicine.Do we have to go for surgery?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: If there is no improvement with medicines, and there is leg pain, then, epidural injections can be considered. If still there is no improvement, then, Surgery may be considered. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
People also viewed
- I am suffering from conjunctivitis, can i take cetamide?
- Mri lumbar spine
- Sample mri report lumbar spine
- Scleroderma and multiple system atrophy ashkenazi
- Can i take cholestyramine systemic for dumping syndrome?
- Left sided hnpand facet arthropathy
- Mri scan of lumbar spine
- Can prevacid solutab cure helicobacter pylori infection?
- Benign fasciculation syndrome aryrthmia
- Is abilify used in the treatment of bipolar i disorder ?
- Is cambia used in the treatment of hemiplegic migraine ?
- Legs fall asleep in bed
- My mri of lumbar spine report
- Mri of lumbar spine done what does findings suggest
- Body falls asleep at night