What are the differences in appearance in herpes blisters and genital warts and where are they located?

May 2013
I was wondering if someone could answer this question for me. What are the differences in appearance when it comes to herpes blisters, genital warts, sebaceous glands, hair follicuiltious and fordyce spots and where they are located on the genital area.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 days later
Brief Answer: physiological and pathological Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Herpes blister are pustular lesions that can appear on vaginal area, labia majora, mons, anus, buttocks, cervix etc. Genital warts appear as pink or flesh colored masses either flat or rised or appear in shape of cauliflower. They can appear on areas mentioned above. For more details : WWW.WWWW.WW Sebaceous glands and hair follicles will be present on labia majora and mons. Labia minora will not contain these structures. Occlusion of the ducts of sebaceous gland can form sebaceous cysts. Usually they will appear as painless slow growing bumps. When get infected they can transform into reddish tender bumps containing cheesy material. Infected hair follicle can cause folliculitis. They appear as red pimples containing pus and blood. Some people may have visible sebaceous glands over mons and labia majora. These are not pathological. They appear as small, painless, rised white or pink spots. Reference : WWW.WWWW.WW spots Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.