What are the chances of ovarian cancer in post menopausal woman?

Is is possible for a post menopausal woman to get ovarian cancer?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Yes, it is possible. Moreover, most of the cases occur after the age of 60. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!
Follow-up: What are the chances of ovarian cancer in post menopausal woman? 12 minutes later
I have a history of endometriosis, had one ovary removed due to cysts growing all over it and they burst, have never had children, and my IBS symptoms over the past year have gotton totally out of control - discomfort, extreme gas, constant diarrhea and nausea. I have had a colonoscopy and there is nothing visibly wrong and I don't have colitis or crohns. Should I be concerned that this abdominal issue could be signs of ovarian cancer?
Answered by Dr. Guru 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for follow up! Very sorry for delay in replying, it was late night here at my place. Regarding your question- Though you are at little more risk for ovarian cancer than that of normal population, just based on the symptoms you have mentioned like discomfort, extreme gas, constant diarrhea and nausea we cannot say that these are signs of ovarian cancer. Because, these can be caused by variety of other conditions as well. However, if the symptoms persist for more than two weeks, it is better to consult a Gynecologist, undergo thorough physical examination and investigations like abdominal ultrasound, CA 125 etc to exclude and for your reassurance. Take Care!