What are the chances of getting HIV through a handjob?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
hi Doc, 2 weeks ago, i was recieving a handjob from a lady who HIV status is unknown. During the session, i was cut on the bottom part of my penis head due to the vigour strength from the lady. I also found a fresh wound on her hand after the session. I would like to ask my risk of contacting HIV from this incident. cause i know that HIV is transmitted through blood and open wound increase the chances.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: HIV risk through hand job is negligible. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. Hand job among all sexual activity is safe among all sorts of sexual activity. Your risk for HIV is negligible as per CDC, Atlanta. Even if we consider that lady is HIV positive woman, with your tear injury over penis and with her wound on her hand, the risk is negligible only. Nothing to bother. Health care providers of HIV positive people like their family members, doctors like us, nurses, hospital workers and laboratory technicians are coming across such situations quite often, but remains HIV free. Transmission of HIV by casual contact is not common. So you need not worry about the same. After another two weeks you can confirm the same with blood test that you are HIV free. Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: What are the chances of getting HIV through a handjob? 9 minutes later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX that means i do not need to go for a check? Is it true that only with huge wound (i mean those require medical care) and these big wounds occur at the same time on both parties then it is possible to get transmit of HIV? Can give some examples on what kind of situation can put handjob in risk of contacting HIV.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: HIVtest suggested.Bleedingwound of HIV+ infectious Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome Back. Even though the risk is negligible, the thought of which would annoy you in future, especially whenever there is some sort of body discomfort or illness would lead you to think of the past incidence. So it is better for you get tested and ruled out the possibility of HIV in you will relieve unnecessary mental tension. If the lady is a HIV positive woman and if she had a fresh bleeding wound or some sort of oozing from the wound came in contact with your open wound then there is a risk for HIV (Theoretical). This risk also is not an absolute one (not 100%). It once again decided by her viral load and whether she was on ART drugs etc.The dried wound of her hand is not infectious even if you are having a open injury. So you need not worry. Dr S.Murugan